Kroener Hale Law Firm
contact Menu
Call 513-716-5940We are here to listen, learn & help

TEXTS ONLY: 513-828-7510

TEXTS ONLY: 513-828-7510

Posts tagged "Child and Spousal Support"

What is the true definition of a deadbeat parent?

The term deadbeat parent is heard a lot in Ohio. it is often used to refer to fathers who do not pay their child support. However, the legal definition of the term is a bit more involved and takes into consideration more factors. Because this term is derogatory and can be quite damaging to a person, it is important for you to fully understand what it means. 

What are some common misunderstandings about child support?

If you pay child support in Ohio, there may be many things you are not certain about. Even if you pay your support on time every time, there may still be things you wonder about. The system is complex and often confusing, so it can help to get some clarity on different points.

Changing a child support order in Ohio

If you currently pay or receive child support in Ohio, a time may come when you wish to have the amount given to or paid by you amended. Maybe you now make significantly less money than you did when the order was enacted, or maybe you had a change in circumstance that leaves you needing more financial assistance from your child’s other parent. At Kroener Hale Law Firm, we have a comprehensive understanding of the process involved in requesting a change to an Ohio child support order, and we have helped many clients who pay or receive support request an administrative review.

What are some common questions about child support?

Ohio child support can be a tricky topic. It is not always easy to understand the process, especially if you have just got started with it. Add to that the left over emotional turmoil and other issues from the divorce process and you may feel at your wit's end. Luckily, the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services offers plenty of answers to common questions about the child support system in the state.

What happens if my ex-spouse does not pay child support?

While you may think that negotiations and Ohio courtroom arguments are over once your divorce is declared final, the truth is that an uncooperative spouse may force you to take legal action in order to secure child support. If your ex-spouse is not making payments, you may need professional help. We at Kroener Hale Law Firm are here to assist you with your divorce as well as any issues concerning child support that may arise in the future.

The basics of child support in Ohio

If you are a parent going through a divorce in Ohio, you likely have concerns about what the judge’s decision will be. Alimony, child custody and support are all worries that divorcing parents have. Understanding the basics about child support can help you prepare and understand what might happen. We at Kroener Hale Law Firm have provided this guide to educate you on the state’s policies for child support.

Child support enforcement affected by Ohio Supreme Court ruling

For divorced parents in Batavia who have custody of their children, the child support they may be receiving from their ex-spouses may be the only way that they are able to meet their families’ most basic needs. If the parents obligated to provide financial support in these situations stop making payments, the welfare of their exes as well as their children may be seriously hindered. In such cases, the threat of criminal prosecution has been a tool that state agencies have been able to rely on as a method of enforcement. That, however, may be changing in the near future.

Take Action Today. Call 513-716-5940 To Talk To An Experienced And Compassionate Attorney.

Email Us For a Response

Tell Us More About Your Legal Issue

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact information

Kroener Hale Law Firm
101 N. Riverside Dr.
Batavia, OH 45103

Phone: 513-716-5940
Phone: 513-828-7510
Fax: 513-297-7227
Batavia Law Office Map

West Chester Office
9078 Union Centre Blvd
Suite 350
West Chester, OH 45069

West Chester Law Office Map

Cincinnati Office
312 Walnut Street
Suite 1600
Cincinnati, OH 45202

Cincinnati Law Office Map

Texts Only: 513-828-7510

With offices in Batavia, Cincinnati and West Chester, Ohio we serve clients throughout Clermont and Hamilton Counties