Kroener Hale Law Firm
contact Menu
Call 513-716-5940We are here to listen, learn & help

TEXTS ONLY: 513-828-7510

TEXTS ONLY: 513-828-7510

Changing a child support order in Ohio

If you currently pay or receive child support in Ohio, a time may come when you wish to have the amount given to or paid by you amended. Maybe you now make significantly less money than you did when the order was enacted, or maybe you had a change in circumstance that leaves you needing more financial assistance from your child’s other parent. At Kroener Hale Law Firm, we have a comprehensive understanding of the process involved in requesting a change to an Ohio child support order, and we have helped many clients who pay or receive support request an administrative review.

For you or your child’s other parent to request a child support order review, per the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, your situation must meet certain criteria. More specifically, you or the other parent cannot request a child support order review unless at least 36 months have passed since the original order went into effect. If at least 36 months have gone by, you may request a review, which involves a caseworker looking over the income, financial situations and health insurance benefits of both parents to decide whether the amount paid each month should change.

Certain factors and situations will make you more likely to qualify for a child support order review. For example, if you lost your job through no fault of your own and have not been able to work for 30 days or longer, your situation may warrant a review and possible adjustment. Similarly, if you or your child’s other parent experienced a 30-percent drop in income for six months or longer through no fault of your or the other parent’s own, this may, too, warrant a child support order review or adjustment.

If 36 months have passed since your child support order went into effect, you may request a review of it, even if you or the other parent has not experienced a significant change in circumstances. More about modifying child support is available on our web page.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Take Action Today. Call 513-716-5940 To Talk To An Experienced And Compassionate Attorney.

Email Us For a Response

Tell Us More About Your Legal Issue

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact information

Kroener Hale Law Firm
101 N. Riverside Dr.
Batavia, OH 45103

Phone: 513-716-5940
Phone: 513-828-7510
Fax: 513-297-7227
Batavia Law Office Map

West Chester Office
9078 Union Centre Blvd
Suite 350
West Chester, OH 45069

West Chester Law Office Map

Cincinnati Office
312 Walnut Street
Suite 1600
Cincinnati, OH 45202

Cincinnati Law Office Map

Texts Only: 513-828-7510

With offices in Batavia, Cincinnati and West Chester, Ohio we serve clients throughout Clermont and Hamilton Counties