Representing Parents And Individuals In Support Actions

A child has a right to receive financial support from both parents. This often becomes especially important in cases where a child's parents separate or divorce and one parent is ordered to make regular financial contributions in the form of child support payments.

At Kroener Hale Law Firm, our attorneys routinely assist parents who wish to establish or modify child support or enforce a child support order. As a former attorney for the state's Office of Child Support, firm partner Jeffrey Hale is unique qualified to represent clients in various child support matters, including modification and support enforcement actions.

When One Spouse Is Economically Disadvantaged

For many people, divorce triggers important financial concerns and considerations. This is often particularly true for individuals who, while married, relied solely or primarily upon a spouse and his or her income to support a household. In cases where there is a significant economic disparity between divorcing spouses, the economically-disadvantaged spouse may choose to seek spousal support during or after a divorce.

The decision to award spousal support is primarily based upon each divorcing spouse's need and ability to pay. When making a determination with regard to whether or not to award spousal support and, if so, how much; the court will take a number of factors into consideration, including:

  • Length of marriage
  • Standard of living during marriage
  • Education level
  • Income potential
  • Age and physical health
  • Each spouse's contributions (economic and otherwise) during marriage

If you are going through a divorce and are concerned about your financial needs, we will advocate on your behalf and petition for spousal support.

Modifications Of Child Or Spousal Support

In cases where an individual's financial circumstances change, our attorneys can assist in filing petitions to modify child or spousal support payment amounts. If you are currently paying child support or spousal support and suffer a job loss or an injury that renders you permanently disabled, contact us to learn more about your options.

Our attorneys are here to answer your questions and provide assistance in your child and spousal support actions. Call a child support lawyer our Batavia law firm at 513-716-5940 or contact us online.